APPLY FOR THIS JOB
Job Title: Senior Development Operations Engineer/Build Engineer
This is a challenging, yet very exciting opportunity to work on Cloud Data Analytics, Monitoring and Cloud Architecture products. This will include working with engineering to design development of alert engines, data aggregation, data optimization and analytics engines using the latest Web 2.0 and J2EE technologies. We offer competitive salary, benefits, stock options and tremendous growth opportunity!
The Senior Dev Ops Engineer will be a critical member of our cross functional team, responsible for designing and configuring multiple environments, and introducing automating at every step.
- Automates the installation, configuration and maintenance of Dev, Integration and UAT environments.
- Supports the team goals of continuous build, continuous deployment, and constant feedback
- Works with developers to instrument production applications with appropriate monitoring and logging
- Troubleshoots network and systems related problems and works to resolve them
- Ensures high availability of environments, while planning for future capacity and growth.
- Develops monitoring solutions for varied Linux-based applications in multiple distributed environments
- Collaborates on a cross-functional agile team to deliver production quality, testable and deployable solutions, sprint after sprint
- Considers the important questions up front: how will our systems be tested, deployed and monitored? How can we best achieve reliability, scalability and security?
- Motivates and mentors teammates on relevant technologies and best practices
- Stays current with the product backlog to advise on issues that affect operations and security
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment amidst changing requirements and priorities
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Prioritizes the team's sprint goals over technical purity
- BS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or related technical field experience
- Minimum 3 years system and security administration experience on Linux systems
- Minimum 3 years setting up and troubleshooting TCP/IP networks and protocols
- Minimum 3 years scripting in bash and at least one other language (Python, Ruby, Perl, etc.)
- Experience with automated configuration management and deployment tools (e.g. Cobbler, Puppet, Chef etc.)
- Experience with web and application servers such as Apache, Nginx, Tomcat and/or JBoss
- Experience with distributed version control (git, mercurial, bazaar)
- Experience with build servers (Jenkins, Bamboo, Travis-ci)
Big plus, but not required:
- Passion for the emerging Dev Operations role
- Strong foundational knowledge of networking and Linux system administration.
- Passion for the field demonstrated by side projects and contributions to open source.
- Be able to mentor and guide 1-2 lower level Dev Ops Engineers
Must be a US Citizen, Green card, or EAD
Duration: 06 Months